I simply want everything I do to be an act of worship to God. ********************EVERYTHING******************** like a spider's web, intricately woven, the threads of our lives are entwined, making us who we are, where we are, at this time in history.... here's a small record of one family's journey to love God

Monday, May 7, 2007

taming a monster

I'm not going to blog this week. In fact I'm not even going to turn the computer on!
Why? I'm going to attack THE PAPER PILE.
I manage to keep our place mostly tidy. Of course there are always weeds that *could* come out of the garden and a layer of dust *shouldn't* be left to settle....but all in all, given that there are so many bods around here, we don't do too badly.
Except for the paper pile. I've never been good at throwing away pieces of paper with important little snippets of anything on them. I have collected. They have accumulated. And it's time for me to GET RUTHLESS. I can't quite bring myself to just dump the whole lot at the curbside for our recycled-paper-man to take away....but I will start sorting.....

See you next week....but only if I've become master....

7 comments:

skatey katie said...

I'm not going to blog this week. In fact I'm not even going to turn the computer on!

ppp-f-f-f-f-f-ffft-t-t-t-t!!!!!!!

i'm not gonna make any of those rach promises: i'll miss out on too much of the *real* world lol.
i have a banana box in my bedroom FULL of paper that i was gonna sort out ten weeks ago, at the beginning of term one.
now i have a bench-full to add to it. maybe i should just toss the lot without peeking...
happy tidy-ups (if you get this message PRE-tidy lol)
which you just might......
*grin*

skatey katie said...

well how's this for funny:
i meant to say *rash promises* but i must have rach on the brain.....
time for another espresso, methinks X

Jen and family said...

have a good week
jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com/

LeighLeigh said...

I have a box of little tid bits which I collected as we travelled through Europe and our time in England. I go through it about twice a year (often with tears in my eyes) and each time I throw out a couple of things which I wonder why I collected them....I figure that by the time we actually move into our real house, the box will be mostly empty, and the collection will fit nicely into an envelope and can be kept for a life time!!
(This is also coming from the girl who only 2 weeks ago threw out her collection of movie stubs which for some unknown reason I had been collecting throughout school and premarriage time)

Amydeanne said...

hehe, enjoy the paper pile!

Setiuz Mama said...

Oh Rach! Is the paper pile sorted?! It's almost been a week and I'm missing your daily posts! Look forward to havin ya back.

Jen and family said...

happy mothers day Rach
jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com/